Monday, September 2, 2013

New Connections

Working at two different places during co-op has allowed me to make double the amount of connections. Luckily, through ELLE I have found an internship for the Fall in NYC. The co-op experience has shown me how important it is to do your best at your internships. If you give your all, it will pay off in the end whether it be with a recommendation, a job offer or a referral in the future.

It is bittersweet that co-op is coming to an end but I know that I will still keep in contact with the people I have met along the way. All of the people you meet are great connections for your future, you never know when someone could help you with a job or a project you have. Linkedin is a great way to keep connected with the people in your professional life. I know that I have personally made it a point to connect with the people I have interned with as well as my bosses at both of my jobs. Overall, it is very important to stay connected with people, not just in the beginning but also following up every once in a while. Being nice to people and making an effort goes a long way!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  2. The fact that you choose to take on the responsibilities of two Co-op jobs is wonderful and something that I wish I had done. In our industry connections are key to success and two jobs do indeed lead to more connections. I have heard good things about LinkedIn and have been meaning to start an account and now more than ever would be a great time for me to start using LinkedIn. The connections that we make through our internships can remain connected through LinkedIn. I think that it is an important tool and I will put time into getting one in the near future.

    ReplyDelete