Friday, July 5, 2013

Exploring New Territory

Recently I found myself having dinner in the West Village. I had never been before and was really looking forward to exploring a new area.

This area reminded me so much of Old City in Philadelphia. It was full of town houses with very little high rises. It ended up being a breath of fresh air compared to the hustle and bustle of Times Square (where I unfortunately reside).

Because I ended up loving this area so much I decided to take my visiting friends there. After searching through immaculate infatuation (an app/website that provides photos, descriptions and ratings of restaurants by location) I finally decided on a restaurant called Morandi in the West Village. The plates were very different and had a great deal of flavor. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone living or visiting NYC. In addition to the great dishes, the staff was very friendly and the environment was very young.

After visiting the West Village I realized that if I were ever to move to NYC after gradation, that would be the first place I would search for an apartment. The area is very underrated but is quaint and full of young professionals. Definitely the place I want to be.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the suggestions, I will have to check out that app and the restaurant next time I venture to the West Village! I don't frequent New York too often, however that seems like a place I definitely would want to explore when I do. In the meantime, I plan on downloading the app you mentioned as it seems very useful, especially when surrounded by so many restaurants in the city it may be hard to spot the diamond in the rough. A restaurant with a good ambiance may not have the best food, and a restaurant that serves great food may not have the best ambiance. Appearance is not always everything, but it does affect our decision. There are so many choices when it comes to restaurants AND apps nowadays that it gets overwhelming, so it's a relief when getting a recommendation from a friend who has already tried them!

    ReplyDelete