Monday, July 15, 2013

Restaurant Stops

This past weekend I explored new restaurants in NYC, which seems to be my new favorite thing to do. When I was living in Philly I usually frequented the same restaurants without ever really trying anything new, so while I am living in NYC I am really taking advantage of the great food options.

Friday night I met up with some friends after work. My one friend who goes to NYU recommended a small Mexican place close to Union Square, he had never tried it but had heard great things. The restaurant was called Tortaria. It is a small reasonably priced Mexican restaurant with amazing margaritas! Truly a great hang out for a Friday night after-work drink. I ended up eating the cheese quesadillas which were only $7 (extremely cheap for NYC) and we all got a margarita pitcher to share. Living in NYC with two unpaid internships has really made me appreciate a good deal since I have little cash to spare.

Sunday morning my friends and I were starving so we began walking around 2nd Ave looking for a small brunch place. Since brunch seems to be the thing to do on Sunday mornings, it is usually hard to find a place that isn't completely packed or completely overpriced. After searching for a while we came across a small place between 5th and 6th Streets. Frank Restaurant ended up being a great choice. Without any hesitation I chose the eggs benedict (my favorite breakfast meal) that came with a small side of hash browns. This ended up being one of the best eggs benedict I have ever had. I really recommend this place if you're looking for a small quaint place with great food. I know I will be there almost every Sunday for that eggs benedict.

I feel like I am constantly writing about food on this blog but with so many amazing restaurants, I just have to spread the word.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds delicious! I too enjoy frequenting diverse restaurants and seeing what they have to offer. Recently, I have stopped eating meat and in turn my palette for food has expanded and I am interested in exploring different food options. I am lucky enough to have a paid internship however I have been trying my best to save that money for when we go back to school. I have heard about some delicious places that I definitely want to visit when back in Philly, such as Parc and Geechee Girl Cafe. It is funny how much social activity revolves around eating and drinking, which in turn can get real pricey real fast! However, there is nothing like a good margarita with some good friends, sometimes you just have to splurge. Another round por favor!

    ReplyDelete