Monday, July 22, 2013

Fashion Campus NYC

Through LGC I found out about a program called Fashion Campus NYC. It is a program for students and young professionals that is held at Parsons The New School for Design. This program offers a keynote address from a well-known fashion industry leader, workshops held by industry professionals, a speaker panel of young fashion business professionals and allows you to network with fashion business executives. In order to attend this event you must apply by answering a few questions, include a transcript, have at least a 3.0 GPA and be receiving credit for your internship.

After hearing about this program I knew I had to apply and was soon accepted! The event kicks off tonight with the keynote speaker, the CEO of Rebecca Minkoff. Another great thing about Fashion Campus NYC is that they allow you to choose which workshop you would like to attend. They have many options like Visual Merchandisng and Buying, but I chose to participate in the PR/Social Media workshop since that is what I am most interested in.

 I really have strived to take full advantage of every opportunity that came my way this summer and I really feel that I am doing just that. I highly recommend everyone on co-op to do the same. I will blog more about the event later this week.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Alex that is such a great opportunity! Like you said, through reading your posts it really seems like you are very active in taking advantage of opportunities exposing an even deeper look at the fashion industry than your co op provides. It is great that you are exploring all of these facets, you must be learning so much! NY seems like it has been treating you right this summer, and your experience is one that I enjoy reading about. How long is the program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The program ran from Monday- Wednesday. It was really great and I highly recommend it! So much great advice from industry professionals and an amazing opportunity for networking.

    ReplyDelete