Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Busy with Thanksgiving

This past week has been very busy (hence my VERY late post…Sorry!) While I only worked two days at Shoshanna because of the holiday weekend it was packed with things to do especially considering that it was our first week without the three girls from FIT who have been with us since the beginning. Going from having five interns to two has been a challenge especially for all the office employees since they are used to having so many more hands to help. Despite only being in the office two days it felt like I had been there all week and I was more then ready for the long weekend.
Because my parents live in San Francisco I don’t get to see them for Thanksgiving as the flight is so long and expensive and I wouldn’t end up being home for very long. However my grandmother and my mom’s brother and two sisters all live in New Jersey so I can spend the holiday with all of them and not be alone which is very nice. On Wednesday and Thursday my little cousin and I made cake pops. My cousin loves to bake and it was obvious by her bossy attitude that it is obvious that I am terrible in the kitchen. Despite her attitude it was fun to help and I think everyone agreed that they came out very well. It might not have been a traditional Thanksgiving food but it might have been my favorite dessert we had this year.

After Thursday I had to work at Kate Spade every day this weekend. I have never seen it so busy in the store! We were not exempt from the Black Friday craziness, which was probably a good thing because up until this point the store has been so quite, especially considering we were leading up the holiday season. From the pace of the store I don’t think things will quiet down any time before the holiday season but that’s ok with me. Many people so far are in a good mood, especially when they get to check someone off their gift-giving list! Lets hope that things stay that way and the holidays don’t get the best of people.

1 comment:

  1. I have worked in retail and sometimes people do get very testy and rude during the holidays; especially if you don't have exactly what they are looking for. People are so worried about disappointing their family and friends by getting them the wrong gift. It is very strange. It should be very busy through the season though and that is nice. You will be very busy. I am sorry you didn't get to see your parents! I hope you can see them for Christmas or New Years!

    ReplyDelete