Monday, December 1, 2014

Giving Thanks

I can't remember the last time I was this excited to go back home! While I always love seeing my family (for the most part), I always get pretty bored back in the suburbs of D.C. However, it seems like this week has been consisting of me counting down the days until tomorrow. I do love Thanksgiving and the food it brings, but I am really just so excited to be home and relaxing with my family, even if it's only for a couple days. It seems like a lot of my co-workers ended up taking days off this week to head home. I didn't, regrettably, and will be waking up very early tomorrow morning to catch a train back to D.C. Hopefully the snow doesn't cause any problems for me, I am thankful I chose not to fly.

The other intern I had been working with had her last day yesterday, and she could not be happier to be finished. She worked for three months, so she had only started a little before I began. I am really glad to know that I am almost at the halfway mark here at Michael Kors, but I am still hoping that they may be able to switch me for the second half of my internship in some way, or that at least I will be delegated new responsibilities.

Me and Olivia had a fun weekend in New York, and managed to not be Grandmas and go out to some clubs both Friday and Saturday night, we then saw MockingJay with some friends on Sunday. Working at Galore on Thursday and Friday, and having fun on the weekends is definitely what keeps me somewhat sane. I am pretty excited because at Galore on Friday I emailed the PR people for one of my favorite rappers that is coming to town in January and they agreed to let me come in and interview him before the show (which will also likely mean VIP tickets), so that was my Friday work excitement! 

No comments:

Post a Comment