Thursday, December 4, 2014

Summer (and Fall) Loving

This week has been really exciting because we got our new Summer/ Pre fall line in! I am seriously obsessed with all of it but especially the summer portion. The dresses, tops and skirts are so cute and embody the light, carefree, easy summer dressing I always love. I wish I could post pictures of some of my favorite pieces but unfortunately they aren’t available to the public yet. Hopefully sometime before the end of my time at Shoshanna I will be able to share some with you all.
It has also been an exciting week because I got to sit in on a merchandising meeting that interns usually aren’t allowed to be a part of! It was so interesting to see how the sales and design team worked out any issues with the line. One thing that surprised me was how long was spent deciding the order of the collection. Almost the whole meeting after the initial presentation of the clothes was spent discussing how best to present everything. The order of everything even determined what was going to be cut from the line and what would stay. Some pieces were even saved from being cut just because they were put next to a different piece.

It is really starting to feel like the holiday season around the office. One woman had set up a cute table top “Charlie Brown” tree in here office with little sock monkeys underneath it, making it very festive. We have also started to receive gifts from other offices we work with, including a fantastic cheesecake that arrived on Tuesday! It may be early in the month but the holidays are defiantly here at Shoshanna and I am looking forward to what the rest of the month brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment