Sunday, November 30, 2014

Goodbye (But not for Long)

What a busy past two weeks! I have finally entered the most dreaded time of the school year: finals. Although we have one last week before actual finals week, things could not be more stressful. To top things off, I finished my internship with Tommy last week (sadly). I know, I know. I should be happy that it is one less thing to worry about, but I'm already missing the people, environment, and experience! My last day was so incredible that I felt so appreciated; it was great! I came back to my desk after putting some items back into our storage closet and was surprised with cupcakes, a box of goodies, and a really sweet thank-you note. My supervisors were both watching me and giggling as I approached my desk in shock. They then took me to the head of our department's office so I could open my gifts and shove our faces with Baked by Melissa cupcakes! It felt so great not only to receive jewelry, a scarf, and wallet from Tommy Hilfiger as goodbye gifts, but also to read an extremely sincere thank-you note that almost made me want to cry! Each member of my team wrote such incredible notes and it really showed me that these past 10 weeks of hard work really paid off! I am super excited to know that upon approval from HR, I will returning in the spring for an additional internship with my same team! This has been by far one of the best experiences of my life and I have come to realize that making sacrifices for your future will always pay off in the long run.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing experience at Tommy Hilfiger! That's so sweet that they gave you Baked by Melissa cupcakes and a lot of awesome goodies. The notes sound so sweet and that they really enjoyed having you. Congrats that you'll return in the spring for an additional internship with the same team! Your hard work definitely did pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting another internship with Tommy! That's so nice that they gave you parting gifts and that you can leaving knowing you get to go back somewhat soon. I'm glad that despite the crazy schedule you have had this term you think it paid off and was worth while (I think it sounds like it was too). I can only hope my office will miss me as much as it seems your office will miss you!

    ReplyDelete