Monday, November 17, 2014

Stress Free


Last week was great week at my co-op as well. I hope this is a sign that all of the bad weeks are gone. Since my co-op is unpaid, I have been working a second job at a small children’s clothing boutique in center city, Born Yesterday, where I have worked since before college. Last week, working six days a week really hit me hard. I was extremely stressed out and had no time for myself. It didn’t help that I didn’t particularly like working at Born Yesterday. I was so unhappy and stressed out that I had four huge pimples on my face, which is insane because I never get pimples! After speaking to my friends and family, I decided that it is better to be happy and broke than to be unhappy and have some money in your pocket. So, I quit my job at Born Yesterday and my last day was this past Saturday. After quitting, my pimples immediately began to disappear! It feels like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Before co-op, I had a hostess job at the Dandelion in center city, which is a Steven Starr restaurant. Since I genuinely enjoyed that job, I have decided to go back to the Dandelion and my first day is tomorrow! I am so excited and nervous to go back. Wish me luck with that!

On a different note, the best part of my week was all of the free lunch! On Wednesday, one of our clients catered a lunch for us in the office. The food was amazing; quinoa with cranberries, grilled salmon, and pumpkin pie cake-pops! Oh yeah, you read that right, pumpkin pie cake-pops, which were delicious. On Friday, we all ordered Chinese food, the whole office. I was stuffed by the end of the week, but really enjoyed all of the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment