Monday, November 10, 2014

#Killinit

Last week was a good week. I think last week was my best week at co-op so far. One of my tasks last week was to write four different blog posts for a clients website. The tops were organic hair color, winter hair rescue, a gift card promotion for the holidays, and one announcing their new website. I like writing blog posts because it allows me to be more creative and fun. I am allowed to sound happy and bubbly. Two of the posts required some research in hair care. Organic hair color is apparently the new thing these days. I have heard good things about it, but the research made me really want to try it. I tried to fill the blog post with my excitement for this new thing. The winter hair rescue post was fun because I had to come up with three to five tips for surviving the winter hair woes like static, dry hair, and hat hair. I learned a lot from that research, mostly that you should use more organic products in the winter. The next two posts were more informational and short. They just had to sound interesting, while presenting the information to the audience. What really made everything better was the email I received from Michelle, my executive. She was so excited about my posts and told me what a good job I was doing. She even said “#killinit,” which was awesome. I think I really have a future in blogging (maybe not a future, maybe a hobby).


We also welcomed a new member to the Cashman team this week and even celebrated with a toast of champagne. Well, apple cider for me because I am 20, but it was still very fun and exciting!

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Organic hair color. I'll have to try some organic products for my hair this winter. My hair gets so gross in the winter. It honestly makes me want to cut it short. Drying it in the morning after my shower takes forever. I'm so glad you had a great week at work. It sounds like you're "Killinit." Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that they trusted you to blog on their behalf! Those all sound super interesting that you were able to write about, especially since you mention you enjoy blogging. That's so great that you think you might have a future in blogging...always remember you started at d&m@Work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing blog posts is so fun! It sounds like you're getting to do such a variety of activities at your co-op which is so cool and hopefully keeps you from getting bored. Please share your hair tips with us! It's even more awesome that your supervisor really took note of your hard work like that, I feel like as an intern we sometimes get overlooked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so happy to hear that you are doing so well Emma! It is so great that they trusted you with the blog and it seems like it was a good idea for them to do so. I knew there were a lot of different types of organic hair products but I never knew it went as far as hair color. I agree with Ashley, we would love to hear your tips! Hope you continue to get even more responsibilities!

    ReplyDelete