Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Idle Hands Are the Devil's Playthings

Things have seemed to go better this week.

I only worked at Michael Kors on Monday and Tuesday, because I worked an extra day last week. This week has been really busy due to it being the week that we are correcting all the samples that the factory sent us last week. Although I still don't feel that I am being given any meaningful tasks, at least the time is going by MUCH faster. I'll take busy work over no work any day.

Today at Galore myself, the other interns, and the online editor all met with Mike, who is the business manager at Galore. We all discussed ideas for articles that we will be working on in the future as well as column ideas. We are thinking of having a weekly post about the dates I go on every week... should be interesting indeed.

Ironically, I've found that going out and staying out a little later on weeknights has made me feel less tired? Maybe I'm just excited about things that are going on right now/ will be going on this weekend, or maybe actually socializing with people besides my roommate and co-workers makes me less lethargic. Either way, I'm liking it.

Tomorrow night I will be interviewing Kimbra (the artist who sings 'Somebody that I used to Know" with Gotye) and attending her concert to do a write up for Galore. I will also be attending an art show opening next week on behalf of Galore. It's cool to feel important getting exclusive invites to events, and although I only conducted my first interview weeks ago and now will be interviewing a Grammy winning singer, I'll just keep faking it till I make it.


1 comment:

  1. That is so cool that Galore allows you to have the responsibility to interview so many different people without having anyone watching over you. It is also great that you get to pitch so many of your own ideas for what you want to write about! I'm glad to hear that your time at Michael Kors seems to be more productive then it has been in the past even if it is busy work. I agree with you that busy work is better then no work. I hope that with the arrival of a new season's worth of shoes they will see that they should give you more responsibility and important tasks as they do at Galore!

    ReplyDelete