Monday, November 3, 2014

Slow Fridays

One thing I have to say about last week is that it went very very very slow. It seemed like it took a month for Friday to come. When I got into the office on Friday, it seemed like I wasn’t the only one having a long week. Everyone was complaining about how it was Halloween and we were sitting in the office. It was quite funny actually. Everyone was talking about their plans for the night and where they were going and what they were dressing up as. At ten o’clock I realized that I was the only intern in the office that day, which was fine, but meant I would be doing all the chores at the end of the day alone.

As I went about my usual day, I heard the executives talking about past interns and it was beyond funny hearing the stories they had. I felt slightly uncomfortable because I am an intern, but they reassured me that I was doing a great job, which was nice to hear. It also seemed like most of the stories involved the interns getting lost, which made me grateful for being from Philadelphia. I know my way around the area because I grew up only a few blocks away, which is very cool. At first, I was a little upset I didn’t go to NYC for coop, but since I have run my fair share of errands, I have taken it as a blessing that I stayed in Philly.


At the end of the day, all of interns are responsible for taking out the trash and recycling, and collecting the trash from each desk. However, as I said, I was the only intern in on Friday and had to do this all by myself. It took me about fifteen minutes, but see the trashcans are outside and on Friday it was freezing and raining. The weather made it so much worse, but I got it done and even got to leave a little early.  

1 comment:

  1. Slow weeks are literally the worst. My job at MK has finally gotten a little more fast paced and it is such a blessing. It's cool that your co-workers seem to go out though, strangely enough all the young-ish women I work with didn't have any Halloween plans except for one of them. Hearing that you have to take out all the trash at the end of the day makes me realize I should complain a little less about the menial tasks I have to do at work.

    ReplyDelete