Thursday, November 6, 2014

Gossip and Glitter

This past week at Shoshanna has been fairly quite and uneventful however I did realize something very important. On Tuesday as I am the only intern in the office I have found that I hear more gossip and other talk then on the days when the other girls are there. This past week, I overheard some of the employees discussing a few of the other interns, one in particular that hasn’t done a fantastic job from what I have seen. This other intern that they were talking about tries to look interested in front of our bosses yet does nothing when they are not looking. While you would expect that this wouldn’t be beneficial to anyone, I was always afraid that those in charge wouldn’t see past the front she tries to put on for them. In listening to them talk about it I realized that even when they weren’t interacting with us they were always watching. This is something we are always told as young people but until I heard them discussing it was never really put into perspective for me. Especially in the office I work in, which is a space converted to fit our needs so the walls do not go all the way to the ceiling, you can hear everything that is happing and even if people take a little while to recognize the good work you are doing they will ALWAYS see when you aren’t trying your best.

On a more positive note, this past week I had my first day working at Kate Spade. While I’ve only been there for one day so far I really enjoy it already. Because the town the store is in is so quite there wasn’t a lot of traffic the day that I was there but that didn’t seam to matter to the women who work there. They all seem to really enjoy being with each other and are constantly joking with each other and finding things to talk about. It was also a fun day to have as my first day because it is the beginning of a new month, which means all the decorations in the store were being changed to fit the newest theme… Las Vegas! Every month this year the stores change their decorations to a new destination and they have items to purchase that fit the theme. I love the Las Vegas theme because there is a ton of glitter and fun sparkles, which is a great way to welcome the holidays. I might have just been training this week but I look forward to going back and being in such a happy and welcoming environment!

1 comment:

  1. Gina, I have worked in retail for three years and I never enjoyed it as much as it seems you had in one day. It is a great thing that the staff gets along and can joke together. I bet it's a great break to have a quite week because I rememebr you running around before. I have heard gossip about other interns too, it is so interesting. I hope you enjoy your time ate Kate Spade...and maybe even get good discounts!

    ReplyDelete