Wednesday, November 19, 2014

More Sample Sale Madness

As I wrote about last week, this week is our sample sale at Shoshanna! While it goes until Thursday this week it is safe to say that the days working on the sample sale have been the busiest days I’ve had at Shoshanna. On Tuesday the sale was only open to friends and family so we didn’t open until 1pm. It was nice that the sale wasn’t all day but it meant we had to make sure all our other responsibilities in other areas of the office were all finished by 1pm. Cramming all our work into a shorter amount of time made for a very hectic day however I really enjoyed seeing how the sample sale came together. Everyone who has come so far (many of them regulars) said we had the best selection of merchandise they’ve ever seen at our sale. I can tell that all the employees at Shoshanna are happy with the way things turned out which is great because setting up took so much work.

While we are selling old stock at Shoshanna, we are on the other side of the retail cycle at Kate Spade. We have so much new merchandise in the store that has just come up for the holiday and this past week we have been trying to promote holiday sales by offering 25% off. Unfortunately despite the sale, I am told that our store has been much quieter this year then is was last year. Maybe it’s just because it is a little early to start Christmas shopping (in my opinion), but I’m hoping things start to pick up and become a little livelier in the store. For this week though, I’m okay with things being quite as it allows me to rest up for my next days at the sample sale. I’m told that things only get crazier after friends and family… wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at the other days at the sample sale! From all the sample sales I've been to so far in New York, I can imagine how it's going to get. I hope they let you snag some free stuff for your hard work! I know what you mean with the holiday retailers, it seems like everyone is already trying to push Christmas in our faces when it's not even thanksgiving yet! Regardless, I am happy for the upcoming break, albeit short.

    ReplyDelete