Thursday, November 20, 2014

It Never Hurt to Ask

Today I met with the HR woman who is in charge of all the interns at Michael Kors. She sets up meetings with each intern halfway through the term so that she can make sure that they are learning, getting a good experience, etc. I was a little nervous to have this interview because I am not too fond of my current internship at MK. I am obviously very lucky to have the opportunity to work at such a well known brand and everyone I work with is friendly, I just feel that I am not making the best of my time on co-op because I don't feel that I am learning much or applying the skills that I have learned at Drexel.

When meeting with Megan, I tried my best to be positive, but honest. Luckily, she asked a lot of questions to make this easier. I also asked if perhaps for the second half of my co-op I could try working in a completely different department such as Sales or Creative Services. If I have learned one thing at my MK co-op, it's that I don't really have a desire to work in footwear design for a large company, so at least there's that. I'm not sure how things will turn out, but she seemed to understand completely and be willing to work with me completely, so we will see!

At Galore last week we had a meeting about which articles are doing the best on our site, while most of the Top 25 were all interviews with celebrities, one of the pieces was mine! I was pretty excited about that being the only intern on the list. We are pushing to do a lot more interviews so this past week I have been reaching out to people and today at work I am going to be forming a lot of questions to send back to the PR people of those that I contacted.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!

    Clearly you enjoy your internship with Galore - I'm curious as to how you got the idea to work for them. Do you think that maybe that would be a direction you'd want to go in? I'm constantly surprised by how broad our field is.

    ReplyDelete