Friday, November 14, 2014

Sample Sale

This past week has been super busy because we are preparing for our sample sale! There are so many boxes around the office and every spot that has been deemed “free space” is being used to store racks of clothing (including a large part of the intern’s area and part of the hallway.) There is so much to be done in order to get things ready including marking items as samples versus items that have come from the warehouse. This is very important because the samples are marked at a much lower price due to the fact that they were used before and could have a rip or other blemish that the new owner would have to fix. After working for hours on tagging items and unpacking boxes I thought we had accomplished a lot only to be told that there is twice as much clothes being kept in the basement of our building. We didn’t even have time to start on the other boxes so I am nervous to see how many new boxes have appeared by the next time I am in the office. 
One of my favorite parts about helping with the sample sale is that I get to see the clothes from old collections. While some items are from this past years Summer/ Pre-fall collection, others come from a few years back and just happened to be lying around. It is really fun to see the difference in the collections that we are producing now versus those that came from a few years ago. While preparing for the sample sale we are simultaneously starting to get in samples for the 2015 Summer/ Pre-fall collection. I really am getting to see everything that a garment goes through from the time our design team draws the idea to when some items eventually end up at the sample sale.

The sample sale may be a lot of work but its not all work and no play. As I am setting things up I am allowed to put things aside that I love. I was so excited when I was told this because I had seen so many great dresses and I was afraid they would all be taken first. I am excited for next week to come and see all our hard work pay off!

1 comment:

  1. I agree seeing the collections from past and future collections is very exciting. It's interesting to see how the collections can be so different or similar. It definitely inspires you. Doing big events like this is very exhausting but is well worth it at the end because you helped in making the event successful.

    ReplyDelete