Thursday, September 24, 2015

Week 1: First day bright and early to NYC

My first week of co-op has been really fun and interesting. I work for Nicole Miller in Manayunk and am the assistant to director of wholesale. A week before co-op began, I got to meet with my boss and the current intern at the time in New York at the Nicole Miller showroom. The intern trained me and I also got to tour the showroom and meet the people working in NYC with Nicole Miller. We saw the Spring/Summer collections for 2016 and went through the clothing that was going to be shown at the Coterie Trade Show in NYC. On Monday, I met my boss in NYC at the Coterie Trade Show and assisted with clients, helped dress the models and helped show the clothing to my boss's clients. It was a really hectic but fun and interesting first day of co-op and I really enjoyed being a part of that experience! I'm excited to see what else I am going to learn and be able to experience while working with Nicole Miller. Below is a picture of the Nicole Miller booth at the Coterie Trade Show (bottom right corner) in the Daily magazine. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sydney!
    I loved reading about your first week on co-op! It sounds like you're learning a lot and getting first hand experience, which is super important. I think that it's so cool that you're able to travel to New York and attend trade shows with your company. I'm also able to see new collections for 2016, which is so exciting for us! I hope that you enjoyed your first week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sydney! That's so cool that you got to go to Coterie! I really would have loved to go, but unfortunately there was to much to do back at the office. Looks like you had an awesome time! I'm sure you'll learn a lot working at Nicole Miller.

    ReplyDelete