Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Weeks 1 & 2

For my co-op I'm working as a Marketing and Operations intern for the Salon & Spa at the Bellevue. The Bellevue is a collection of high end retailers, a Hyatt hotel, and it's amenities all located at Walnut and Broad. Due to that, my first week was a short one because of Yom Kippur and the Pope's visit and I was only in the office Monday and Tuesday. Because much of my work is done via the form of creative briefs done through Adobe Suite and sent over email, I was able to take the work computer home and accomplish various assignments as they rolled in over the rest of the work week.
So far I've produced a few promotional ads for print and media, begun learning about and coordinating various events hosted or supported by the Salon & Spa, and drafted a social media strategy.

My boss, Jami, is wonderful. She keeps me in the loop on everything going on via emails and taking me into meetings, even if I'm not directly working on it the project, so that I'm still involved, learning, and understanding. Her feedback on my creatives is helpful and she's makes a point to explain her reasoning behind everything and how to grow as a marketer. It's a casual work environment, just us two in the office, and we're able to freely discuss things and she's able to take extra time to give me background information on the Salon & Spa, people I work and coordinate with, and new projects.

I'm excited to continue working on my ongoing projects and to keep receiving new ones as I can already see the areas I need to and will grow in as a designer.

3 comments:

  1. Your job sounds so exciting! Sounds like you will have a lot of personal help from your boss which could be helpful when you need mentoring. I'm glad you get to use your skills and apply them to your tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie, your job seems really great so far! It's awesome that you have such a close connection with your boss and that you get to know all that she's involved in. I can totally relate to that since I also working in a small office and there's only four us, including myself, on the design team. You're really going to get a hands-on experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie, Your co op seems like a really cool job and it's great that you are really liking it so far! It's awesome that you're so close to your boss. I'm also close to my boss and it definitely makes work a whole lot better. I'm so excited to learn more about your experiences on co op!

    ReplyDelete