Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Long Time No Blog

Hi readers!

I am so sorry for my lack of updates. The last six weeks have flown by in a whirlwind of excitement, stress, and fun. Since my last blog post I have successfully moved to the Big Apple, Concrete Jungle, Best City In The World: New York. I have learned how to navigate uptown, downtown, and a pinch of Brooklyn. And most importantly, I have discovered the beauty of Seamless. Did you know you can get Dunkin Donuts delivered right to your front door?!

Before moving to New York I was extremely anxious. In three years of living in Philadelphia I still get Market, Chestnut, and Walnut Streets confused. The thought of riding the Metro after dark terrified me, and I was convinced that moving two hours away from all of my friends would instantly make them forget I existed. I was convinced that this city would chew me up and swallow me whole.

I am happy to say I have survived the first two months of living in New York without so much as a scratch. The first few days were a tad overwhelming, but once I figured out my route to work I got slightly braver. (I take the M23 Bus to 6th Ave then switch to the F or M train and get off at 42nd St- Bryant Park, in case you were wondering.) The first few weeks I chose to walk home from work, always a different route, to try and get my bearings. I now am comfortable with my little slice of the city and am eager to explore new areas during my free time.

Being a new resident of New York is an entirely new sensory experience. The sheer number of restaurants within three square blocks of my apartment is astounding. It seems impossible to be bored here, there is just too much to do! No matter the time of day or night there are always people walking around, enjoying a glass of wine at a roof top bar or seeing a performance. In my future posts I will write more about my observations in the City. I plan on making the most of the few weeks I have left before returning to Philly for my Senior year (eek!).




No comments:

Post a Comment