Friday, July 18, 2014

PR Intern Class

My favorite part about my new internship is the free Parson's class offered on Thursdays. The professor holds class for an hour and teaches the interns the ins and outs of public relations and surviving in the fashion industry. He is very up to date on social media and how to use this type of networking to our future advantage. Many of his former students are doing big things within the industry and he seems to have a connection just about everywhere!
We are working on a project in class that is titled "The Anatomy of a Magazine". I got assigned the men's magazine Details. This is the first time I have picked up an issue of this magazine but certainly not the last. For this project, (that is not worth a grade, credit, or anything really) I have to dissect each section of the magazine, predict the December cover and spread, and track their social media presence.
I will attach the finish product when it is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment