Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Boss

This week, I decided to take some inspiration from the MKDA (Mary K. Dougherty and Associates) blog as they begin an "Up Close and Personal" series.  During this series, the MKDA team will be interviewing different members to get a peak at what the Nicole Miller and MKDA partnership does to continue their success.  This week, fellow intern Kathryn, interviewed the mastermind herself, Mary Dougherty.  Mary owns both Nicole Miller Philadelphia locations (at the Bellevue and in Manayunk) as well as a wholesale business and a consulting firm.  After reading the blog post, I thought Kathryn did a great job of pinpointing what makes working for Mary a great experience.  Her upbeat personality always encourages us to have fun while we are being productive.  After all….we do work in fashion!  During my time at Nicole Miller, I don't think I have ever worked so hard but I have also never received so much satisfaction and reward from my labors.  I have also learned a lot from watching Mary make her rounds on a regular basis.  From the upstairs offices in The Bellevue, to the sales floor in Nicole Miller and then to the streets of Manayunk, Mary is always juggling and managing multiple projects.  Being a student athlete and a Design & Merchandising major, I have had my fair share of multitasking, but Mary takes it to a whole new level as she balances her successful business ventures while mothering three growing boys!  Needless to say, I have been inspired and encouraged by Mary Dougherty while interning at Nicole Miller and would be proud to achieve even a small portion of what she has.





Be sure to read and follow the "Up Close and Personal" blog series on the MKDA website!
http://mkdandassociates.com/blog

Mary Dougherty and Nicole Miller!

No comments:

Post a Comment