Saturday, August 2, 2014

Retail Experience

I have recently obtained a part time job to help fund my commute. Since I really only have retail experience and my major is Design and Merchandising, I applied to a local boutique called Molly and Zoey in the gorgeous Pier Village, Long Branch. Going from working in a fashion closet at one of the biggest Public Relation firms to working in a teen geared boutique is obviously polar opposite. I have really learned to love my internship with Krupp Group. Now that I know the routine and my daily responsibilities, my days go by quickly with all the required work! I have also just signed up to assist behind the scenes of Fashion Week. I cannot wait to share that experience!
Back to the small town boutique...the hours are not my favorite and the clothes are not my style which is good for my wallet but it makes me appreciate my time in New York. I basically spend my hours finger spacing hangers and cleaning up after customers. I will like it after I receive my first paycheck but I am definitely looking forward to fall term to start!
Life back in New Jersey is definitely different than my days spent abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment