Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Final Fall Term

As I approach the completion of my internship at Michael Kors, the reality of the end of my college education is beginning to hit me. Not only has the summer flown by, but that last three years have passed in an instant. I remember being a timid freshman scared to death that I would get lost getting to my first day of classes in Nesbitt.

The last three years have shown me what I am truly capable of. I have learned more about myself than I expected to. Entering senior year makes me feel a mixture of emotions. On one hand, I’m nervous to go back to school after six months without papers and exams. I’m eager to be back on campus surrounded with friends. I’m stressed about getting a job come graduation. All of these thoughts bubble around in my head. I’m anxious and excited and scared to see what the next few months bring.

In addition to taking a full term of classes this fall I am currently applying to internships. After commuting the first three months of Co-op I feel prepared to do it again- only this time, I’ll tone it down to two days a week. I’ve been on a few interviews and am excited to see what will happen. My fall term is looking pretty crazy between an internship in New York, full time classes and working at the Loft. I know it sounds like a lot but I want to prove to myself I’m capable of juggling. After all, life is a complete balancing act. Why not learn how to manage early on?

No comments:

Post a Comment