Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Moving Back to Campus


No one ever looks forward to moving. A new place to live, yes, but the act of picking up every single thing you own and moving it to a different place isn’t fun. Moving makes a person realize just how much crap they have collected since the last year. I know personally I find receipts months old, too many half used lipsticks to count and endless clothing tags carelessly ripped off of new clothes. While there is no better feeling than being in a new space with a fresh new start, it can be a little overwhelming until everything has been put in its place. Personally, I'm looking forward to the familiarity of Philadelphia with restaurants I know are good and friendly faces on every street.

This Friday I am moving not only out of my apartment in NYC, but also my subletted apartment in Philly. I am consolidating two apartments worth of stuff into one, which will prove to be extremely interesting. Of course, I haven’t started packing at all yet. Moving also comes with the stress of renting U-Haul trucks and coordinating schedules. Luckily my parents have been extremely flexible with me and are handling a lot of the details of the move. It’s just my job to get everything organized and ready to throw into the truck. Since I was only in New York for three months I packed pretty light for my summer in the city, which I am grateful for. Moving out of my Philly apartment will be more of a challenge since I haven’t been there in three months and have no idea what to expect.

I have to say, as excited as I am to be back on campus, I’m not looking forward to going back to commuting for the last few weeks of my internship in New York. Granted it isn’t for a very long amount of time, but I will miss the ease of living in the city I work in. I’m looking forward to beginning my senior year and going back to the life of a student in a city I already know and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment