Thursday, September 4, 2014

First Taste and I want the whole Krupp Cake

That is what they refer to the Krupp Group employees as...does that make me a Mini Krupp Cake?

Today, I experienced my first presentation of a Spring 2015 collection. Officially, I was the Fashion Intern for Krupp Group. My job was not all that exciting but it was amazing to watch the production process into the finished product. I was in charge of a sliding door and had to show people an alternate route backstage. This presentation took place in a studio style apartment turned design house. The door I was in charge of was an entrance into the kitchen that had frosted sliding glass doors. This ultra modern kitchen was turned into backstage for the show. Through that glass door, there were models, dressers, make up artists, hair stylists, photographers, etc. Extremely crowded and loud. This action is my favorite part of New York Fashion Week. I love watching backstage exclusives and now I am asked to experience it. Live. 
A unique part of this presentation (and my favorite part) was a sketch artist set up with an easel creating party favors for each guest. She did an amazing job two dimensionally representing each girl for an hour straight. I was curious to know whether she was hired by the designer regularly or just for the big unveiling of the new collection.
Prior to the presentation, the new look-book was shot which cut their preparations for the Spring Collection in half. Soon after today's productive morning, Krupp Group will receive their line-sheets and then pieces. As soon as we record inventory, my supervisors can offer the pieces for editorial pulls. Fashion Public Relations covers all bases. The process fascinates me and an added perk, I know all of the upcoming covers of every major magazine coming soon: Fall 2014.
I have a packed Fashion Week ahead. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment