Monday, September 29, 2014

New York I Love You


I’ve been in NYC for two weeks now and already never want to leave. I can already tell it’s going to be impossible to leave come this March. The city is full of life and there’s always something to do. I love just walking around the city. I put in my headphones in and just immerse myself in everything around me. There’s always someone interesting to see and beautiful window displays to admire. My roommate Ashley Uzer and I live near Columbus Circle, Central Park and 5th Ave. Living near 5th Ave and Madison Ave is dangerous because I want to buy everything in the window just from observing the gorgeous window displays. We have explored the city and finally gotten a hang of using the subway. The subway was a little daunting at first and I might have asked some people for help but now I finally feel comfortable using it. 



Last weekend Ashley, Sam Eisenstat and I went to an amazing dinner the other weekend at this restaurant across from Lincoln Center called The Smith. We shared a bunch of appetizers including the restaurant’s famous mac and cheese. I strongly recommend going and trying the mac and cheese because it’s one of the best I’ve ever had. I also recommend the kale and quinoa salad, which was paired to perfection with sun-dried cranberries, almonds and ricotta salata and the brussels sprouts, which were crispy and delicious! I also went to an incredible Italian restaurant in Soho/Village area called Rubirosa. I’m a big foodie and this was honestly one of the best pizzas I’ve had in my life. My aunt, two cousins and me split this vodka pizza with vodka sauce and fresh mozzarella. It was amazing and I still cannot stop thinking about it. Since I’ve already been to so many restaurants and other place, I’ve decided to write down every place I go in the city, including restaurants, shops and bars. This way I’ll always remember the place I’ve been to these next six months. I cannot wait to see what fun places I'll find and go to this week. 



1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like you're having the time of your life already! That's such a great idea to write down everywhere you've been because co-op will go by so fast you cannot even believe. I wish I had thought to do this when I was in New York last year. Also, I have to agree with you...New York is just so incredible and surreal to live in. In fact, I missed it so much that I came back this term to intern while I'm still in classes. Commuting into the city definitely isn't the same as living there, so make the most of it while you can!

    ReplyDelete