Monday, December 2, 2013

Being Sick

While I am the type of person who tries to not let being sick take over my life, this past holiday weekend I had to let it. My voice was completely gone, my throat hurt, non-stop headaches, and overall tiredness. Celebrating with my family was as nice as it good have been feeling that way. I tried to relax as much as possible as I did really need the break but it was still not enough. I was supposed to go to work on Saturday but had to call in, with a very raspy voice, to say I could not come in. Normally I would have just stuck it out and gone in, but something clicked with me. Had I gone in, the customers, as well as people I work with all could have gotten sick which in turn would have been negative for the company. I also would not have been able to work up to the level I normally do. I think as I grow up and gain experience in the work field I am able to see that it is okay to take off days to make sure you are on your A game. Being sick is allowed in life, and though it will hinder certain things in life it is best to concentrate on your own health. Not working on Saturday allowed me to sleep a lot and make sure that I got better faster, which I can now say that I am almost at 100%. I was however still able to enjoy the holiday to some extent because I got to spend it with all of my family whom I have not seen in a few months now so all was not lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment