Thursday, December 5, 2013

Twists & Turns


I can't wait to spend time with my Dad! #tbt
The holiday season has arrived quicker than expected! I am leaving to go home to Florida for two weeks this Saturday and I cannot believe co-op is more than halfway through. I began to think about the future and realized I graduate in a year and half; I was suddenly shaken up by the thought of time flying so quickly. I remember being a freshman not knowing where I would even apply for co-ops and only dreaming about studying abroad, and now it seems like all of this is happening and more. However, is it coming together too soon? There are always so many unexpected twists and turns in life that even if you do have a plan, life loves to throw in the surprises. For example, originally I was supposed to go home to have a nice sunny Christmas break, instead my doctor suggested this would be a good time to take my adenoids and tonsils out! I was in utter disappointment; I knew I needed to have this procedure done, but why so soon and why now!  In the long run it is the wisest option to always take care of health problems as soon as possible, but you don’t necessarily foresee yourself taking the time to do it. Luckily, my manager was helpful and granted me as much time as I need to fully heal. I am thankful to have this type of support in my work life and I am eager to get back in tiptop shape. Also, I am happy to be going home regardless of my surgery; it is always so exciting to see the family and friends that I miss dearly. Maybe I will even get prescribed some yummy chocolate ice cream!

I had the best time reading everyone's posts this term! I hope that co-op continues to be successful, and I will see you all in the Spring! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time in Florida and enjoy the weather! I am currently on vacation now, and I realized how important it is to take some time off of work, whether it is for a weekend or for two weeks. Although you have to get your tonsils out, the holiday season is the best time to be with family so enjoy it! I hope your co-op continues to be successful :))

    ReplyDelete

  2. I love that you added a picture with your dad! That is so cute! I am such a daddy's girl and it looks like you probably are too. I am so jealous that you live in Florida and get to soak up the sun while I’m here freezing my buns off!

    ReplyDelete