Sunday, December 1, 2013

Downward Dog


With the holiday season quickly approaching and my work schedule picking up, I can become a pretty anxious person.  This past weekend I decided to put a list together of activities to do to relax.  Although I have taken on many responsibilities at work, I attribute most of my stress to wasted energy, so I decided to channel this energy into something new,Yoga.  Located on 15th and Sansom is a yoga studio that I had the pleasure of stumbling into early Monday night.  Never having taken a class before or exercising at all for that matter, I was both excited and apprehensive to participate in a beginners class. 

What proved to be the most challenging aspect was not maneuvering my body in different positions, burt rather getting used to the feeling of doing something outside of my element.  I have become used to my daily task of going to work and coming right home, so it was refreshing to mix up my routine.  

I am happy with my decision to try yoga.  It has challenged both my personal growth and physical growth, and I do not regret the experience.  I am constantly looking to try new things, especially ones that bring positivity and excitement to my life.  Now that I have conquered yoga, I feel that I can conquer the world. Next up, Pilates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment