Friday, December 6, 2013

Keep Austin Weird


Earlier this year, I had finally saved enough money and planned a trip to visit my sister in Texas.  After a long week at work, two cups of coffee, and a stressful 6:00 am flight, I had finally arrived in Austin.  Having only been to Texas once before, I was more than excited to see my sister and return to one of my favorite cities in the country. 

Home to major festivals like SXSW, cute coffee shops, or award winning restaurants, Austin is not like its cowboy boot-wearing conservative partners.  I had the chance to spend the day, eating at a slew of local eateries, shopping at AMAZING thrift stores, and indulging myself with a trip to Pinkberry.  Since I do not travel here often, I made sure to take in my surroundings and appreciate everything the city has to offer.  However, I could not help but stress about the time I was taking off of work.  Taking four days of vacation has proven to be more difficult than I had imagined; however, I am grateful that co-op has given me the chance to get away.  Having classes everyday and homework on the weekends; I had never found the time to take this much needed visit. 

Since being on co-op, I have explored Philadelphia and visited far away cities; formed new relationships and rekindled old friendships; and reflected on the steps throughout my life and my hopes for the future.   Working has opened my eyes, and I am eager to continue what has truly been a rollercoaster ride.    

No comments:

Post a Comment