Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Already half way there?



I cannot believe I am more than half way done my coop at QVC. I have less than two months left working because I leave to study abroad in August! Reflecting back on my first few weeks working, I feel that I have grown professionally in ways I would not have in class. Not only have I learned tremediously, my relationships with my coworkers are growing stronger. I am now given more responsibility. I am given more tasks to work on throughout the day. This is a very crazy time in the office beacause of our Holiday event happening in two weeks. I really enjoy being busy in the office. Sometimes I even think there are not enough hours in the day to get all my work down. Between photo shoots, pitchs, organizing products, shipping products.. my day is very busy. I feel very confident in the tasks that I am given. I also feel pride when I do a job well done. Last week I got a "Rock Star" award, which is basically a certificate. But it is really nice to feel that I am doing a good job here.

I am excited to see what the next few months bring. It is hard to believe that so much time as flown by. Before I know it I will be off to Paris!! That is if I can figure out how to get my Visa in time! QVC has been an amazing company to work for. Everyday I am amazed about how many people it takes to run such an incredible company. Here I am- at headquarters. QVC is in seven different countries. Broadcasting live 24/7 and everyday except Chirstmas. This place never takes a break- never slows down. I am so grateful to learn from it.

As I continue to learn over the duration of my coop I want to take in as much as possible. I want to really learn about the company inside and out. I am able to meet with different people that work in different departments. I am in the process of setting up meetings with them. I think I want to learn more about the Merchandising and International side of the business.

It has been an amazing 10 weeks here. I cannot wait to see what more QVC has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment