Monday, June 9, 2014

Reflecting on the last ten weeks

As finals week begins for students in classes, I decided to take some time and reflect on my first ten weeks interning. There have been some great days and not so good days, many friendships made and a lot of learning. Over the course of the last ten weeks I have learned so much about what I want out of life. I have learned just how capable I am of keeping up in an extremely busy work environment and how to balance.

Balancing has become one of the most important aspects of my life. Without balance it would be easy to get overwhelmed with interning, working retail and maintaining friendships and a social life. I know it's not going to get any easier as I get older so I'm happy I'm learning now.

Working for Creative Services has given me an insight into the type of career I can see myself having after graduation. I had thought I was interested in a creative field within fashion but now I am more sure than ever. 

This Friday is the big move to NYC. I'm anxious and excited to see where the next term brings me as I'm sure I'll learn even more about myself from living in the City. 


2 comments:

  1. Moving to NYC is going to make your life so much easier. Also you are going to have the time of your life! I really want to take a coop in MYC next year. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really excited you are moving to NYC! That commute scares me, sounds so painful! I could not agree more with the feeling of getting a better understanding for what you want in your future. That is what coop is all about!

    ReplyDelete