Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Photo Shoot

Whenever I thought about a photo shoot, I would always picture super glamorous sets and beautiful models. However I have been working on product photo shoots all week. My team has to get over 300 products photographed in to weeks.  I am consistently amazed at the amount of work and preparation go on behind the scenes in every aspect of business. I have been introduced to people who have jobs I never knew existed. People style food, bedding, electronics, kitchen ware, and of course clothing. The amount of time it takes to photograph products is truly amazing. A shirt is showed to a buyer, then bought, then shot and itemized. Later the shirt comes to PR where we shot and itemize it. Then finally it goes on a model and is once again shot and put on a website. Throughout all these steps, there are multiple people contributing. A photographer, a photo shopper, a buyer, a publicist, a stylist, multiple managers who approve items, and of course me- the intern. I love being a part of the this whole process. I love the opportunity to be able to be so involved in my work place.

1 comment:

  1. Monica,

    It sounds like a lot of work but it's always interesting to see what actually goes in to a lot of the things we don't really appreciate or think about. For instance, just clicking on a t-shirt on a website and seeing all of the different color variations was once a lot of work for a lot of people. It's really cool that you are getting to experience all of the behind the scenes work and understand the roles of all the different positions involved. Good luck with whatever is next on your co-op!

    Josie

    ReplyDelete