Friday, June 6, 2014

The most exciting day at work so far!

This week at MK has been a crazy one to say the least. Last week we were invited to be a part of the Resort 15 presentation. At the time we weren't really sure what that meant or how involved we would actually be. I didn't even understand what the presentation was to be honest. The presentation was June 5th so I had time to wonder over the weekend. I spent last weekend working at the Loft, and moving out of my apartment. I was crazy busy and not getting enough sleep so of course, with my luck, I woke up sick as a dog on Monday. I spent the day working and then crashed for the afternoon and ended up taking Tuesday off to catch up on sleep and try to recover for the presentation that was taking place on Thursday.

Luckily I felt good enough to go into work on Wednesday and definitely healthy for Thursday's exciting day. I woke up early, dressed all in black and felt ready to face whatever was thrown my way. The day went like this.

When I arrived the showroom was transformed into a studio. There were two photographers, one from MK and one from WWD photographing the collection the MK photographer was documenting the looks for our internal look book. Until Thursday the collection was under tight wraps and I hadn't seen a single piece. Seeing the clothes lined up was magical. The fabrics were a contrasting light organza and silk to shearling and leather. Pink and purple floral patterns were whimsical. I spent the morning helping dress and undress the models for the look book shoot. After lunch were the presentations. There were three presentations to all of the major fashion magazines editors. Yes, I as in the same room as Anna Wintour and Grace Coddington! Ken Downing was also in attendance. Michael Kors then talks about the collection to the private group of guests and presents his inspiration and though process. All the while, we are dressing the models to particular specifications.

The day was long but I had a great time. I got to talk to the designers about how they design, as well as the models about what it's like to be that tall, leggy and gorgeous. The two models I talked to were my age!

If you haven't had a chance to check out the Michael Kors Resort 2015 collection, you can see it here!

1 comment:

  1. Amelia,
    That sounds amazing! Seems like you are really getting to be a part of so many different projects at MK! I am so happy that you had such a great day and hope that you have many more!
    - Josie

    ReplyDelete