Monday, June 30, 2014

New City, New Internship

Hey Bloggers!
I am back in the same time zone but cannot say I am too happy about it! I miss Ireland! I have started my new internship in Manhattan. I am a fashion intern at Krupp Group, a public relations firm. As expected, my experience is already completely different. I work at an office with about thirty, if not more, employees. There are about seven interns that rotate daily.
My daily tasks include making clippings of our clients press recognition, pull pieces from our closet to send out to magazines, and compose pullsheets for those selected outfits. The first day was very slow but as I gained enough knowledge to handle these tasks by myself, it made the day more enjoyable.
The office culture is laid back in terms of dress code but the pace is anything but. Once an email comes in, people are running around the office until the items needed are sent out. I found it very interesting and surprising that exactly what was in the job description is exactly what my daily intern life entails.
I will let you know what this week brings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment