Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The End is Too Near

This sounds cliché but time flies when you are having fun! I have only four days left with my first co-op job. Wild Poppy Concepts has been a dream to work for. I got a lot of creative freedom and learned about so many diverse companies. From a Credit Union to a Bridal Shop, I have covered social media, press releases, and website designs. The knowledge I have learned sitting in the Urban Building combined with the reality of the Industry, I feel like I have applied so many concepts we learn in our Design and Merchandising major. Through spending so much time with my boss, I have also learned many other social norms throughout Ireland that I would not have been exposed to if I were with a big corporation. 
My latest project was to write content for a child psychologist's book (32 pages with images, not a novel) working from her existing website. It was a bit challenging because I have never raised kids (thankfully) but building around Joanna Fortune's advice was very rewarding. The project was solely in my hands from the layout to the press release and the feedback I received was so positive and appreciative- minus the normal American spelling and phrases. The best part about this project was organizing Meet and Greets and promoting the book. I will not be writing a book any time soon but I would love to promote more! 
I have a couple more things to check off my to-do list around Ireland before returning to New Jersey but I have mostly experienced everything I came here to. Living in a different country is a very interesting timeline of emotions. Excitement is definitely the most prevalent and frequent case but then living day to day is just as I live in Philly. I have my routine down, I cook, I do laundry (unfortunately), I work out- all the normal activities but then the weekend comes and I can travel and experience cultural/historical divides. From never being outside of the States to living in a different country, I have learned a lot about myself and I would not trade these realizations for anything! 
Before I do return home however, I am spending a week long holiday in Ibiza! College student friendly destination hotspot to get some sun!  
17 more days of my first European travels! I need to savor it!

Waving with a semi-normal size wrist again! 

3 comments:

  1. Trip of a lifetime. What an amazing opportunity it is to work in a foreign country. Are you excited or sad to be leaving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you had such a great experience! Can't wait to have you back state side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have mixed emotions! I am excited to get back to my family but sad to be leaving my life here. I will definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete