Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Week 3 @ Nicole Miller

My third week on co-op has been another busy one. On Monday October 6th, my boss didn't make me come into work because of the social media threats and told me to just stay safe. Those threats really freaked me, and several of my friends out, especially because the threat said it would be on a Philly campus but didn't specify where. Tuesday I had to catch up on my work and of course the computer wasn't working for half of the day. Luckily, my boss is really understanding and because she wasn't in on Tuesday she told me that I don't have to worry and it's not the end of the world if I don't finish my work until the next time I'm in. Thursday the old wholesale intern will be helping me out and she is going to come in once a week, since I barely got trained in the beginning. Everyone is really helpful where I work and I'm so appreciative that people are so understanding.
So far, I've learned how to fill out RA's, which are forms that you get approved if a client wants to return or swap an item that is damaged or not selling well. I've also learned how to use this system called AS400, which is used for almost everything (orders, open orders, RA forms, etc.) and I'm finally getting the hang of it!
There are a lot of Nicole Miller events coming up in the next few months and hopefully I will have the time to help volunteer and possibly see some of you there!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are learning a lot at your job, which is really great. It is also really nice that your boss and the people that you work with are really understanding about your time and how quickly you get your work done. I know that most people are very strict about getting work done on time. Then if it isn't done on time, they will sometimes end up firing you for it. I think it would be so cool if you could work at some of the Nicole Miller events that are coming up. It would be a great opportunity and a chance to meet some really influential people in the fashion industry.

    ReplyDelete