Thursday, October 29, 2015

week 6

This week was interesting and fun. This week, my boss assigned me to create several flat layouts. She allowed me get creative and create layouts according to my own taste and style.  I was allowed to use plain black/ white background and arrange the jewelry or use images that I chose to set as a background. So I picked images from Tumblr and Pinterest and arranged the images in the background of where I placed the Jewelry. I found that from my past class, Presentation Technology, it was easier to set up how I wanted the images. This project was very similar to all the boards we created in that class. The way of arrangement was very important to the viewer, so I was able to incorporate the skills I learned in that class to this assignment.


3 comments:

  1. I hope I get as lucky as her when it's my turn for co-op. Her boss gave her the opportunity to create several flat layouts. The one posted was very beautiful as well; it showcased all of the jewelry displayed with good visual pathways. My favorite part of this post was when she talked about how her education at Drexel was integrated into her work experience. For example, a previous class she had taken, Technology Presentation, made it easier for her to set up her pictures. This just reinforces why I chose to attend Drexel's Design and Merchandising program because the program really does prepare you for your career after graduating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, it's great that you're utilizing skills from your previous classes. Your layouts look great and I'm sure the project was a lot of fun! We also have to spend time making boards in order to present our designs to buyers while our prototypes are still in development. It's important that they clearly show what we're trying to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, it's great that you're utilizing skills from your previous classes. Your layouts look great and I'm sure the project was a lot of fun! We also have to spend time making boards in order to present our designs to buyers while our prototypes are still in development. It's important that they clearly show what we're trying to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete