Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Week 4

So far my week on co-op has been better. My boss is on the road at trunk shows all week so I'm in the office alone but I'm finally beginning to get the hang of everything. Yesterday I learned more about the behind the scenes with the business. I was trained on working with quickbooks, which is an accounting system for businesses and keeps everything all organized. I learned how to add new items from our open orders to the system so that the store is able to sell those products and also how to make sure packing slips get received, etc. It's pretty interesting and I'm glad I'm able to learn so much from all different ends of the fashion industry.
I'm also getting really excited for November because I am going on the road with my boss in for a trunk show/event in Maryland right by my hometown! It'll be fun to be able to work with my boss on the road and see how the business works. I'm also excited because it's right by my high school so the town will be familiar and I will get to work with a store that is so familiar and close to where I lived.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you've been feeling more settled in and learning a lot in your coop! It's great that you are able to learn about multiple aspects of the business. I'm sure you will leave this coop feeling much more well rounded! It's also great that you are able to go to the event by your hometown. It's always nice being able to visit home when you can, so this works out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sydney. It sounds like you have started to settle in to what you are doing during Co-op. Your November trip with your boss sounds really interesting and I am glad to hear it is near your home. It really sounds like you are learning a lot about the fashion industry and some of the business aspects. Good luck during your November trip- I hope you get to visit your home!

    ReplyDelete