Sunday, June 9, 2013

Fashion Fast-Forward

Working at a magazine (Elle) and at a boutique fashion PR firm (LGC) has allowed me to see two sides of the spectrum. On one end I am getting all of the editorial work; from receiving samples to the editors and directors making their picks, all the way up to packing up for the shoots. On the other end I am getting to see all of the work that goes into getting those samples picked for the shoots. Seeing these two, though linked, completely different sides has allowed me to really hone in on what type of career I would like to pursue.

Regardless of which area you choose to work in, I have to come find that the fashion industry will always be fast paced. There is no pause or rewind button, only fast forward. While everyone in the "normal" world is working in the moment, we are working 6 months ahead. I find myself wanting to shop for summer clothes and bathing suits but I am constantly reminded of the Fall trends or the upcoming September issues. The fashion industry waits for no one and you will be left behind if you cannot keep up. Interning for 3 months has already completely changed my view on the fashion industry, but in the best way possible.

That being said- I really am already dreaming about boots and coats for the upcoming fall season. Funny how just last month I was praying for warm summer weather and here I am debating between brown or black boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment