Saturday, June 8, 2013

What's for you will not pass you

Let the record show that I will always love being a student and I am thankful for all of my education thus far. I finally have learned the deep rooted importance of education to a young mind, and the lifelong sustenance of the continuation to learn and develop. We are all born with our own minds, our own knowledge that is molded and shaped by our path of life and what we are taught combined with who we are that creates a beautiful display of new innovative thinking with each generation. Learning new material and being able to filter that information while mixing my own interpretation is something I will always love. I enjoy and deeply appreciate the ability to think with my own mind, to have my own opinions and tastes, and I would love to be a part of a career that allows my individual knowledge and opinion to showcase, where freedom of verbal expression and passion is advocated.

If somebody told me that age 20 I would be working in the corporate headquarters of a multi-million dollar company I would not know what to believe. Even now, when this experience is happening before my very eyes, I am still shell shocked. I am so lucky and privileged to be able to be EMPLOYED on a full time basis getting my name and my foot in the door before I have even graduated college! I always tell people that co-op is the reason why I chose to go to Drexel and until now do I realize the significant importance of that statement and my decision. I made such a responsible choice at a young age, not even being able to fully grasp what I was getting myself into. In this moment, I feel so proud of my decision, never have I ever had such a strong feeling of astonishment at what I myself have done. At any other school I would be leaving with a degree, much so all valued the same. At Drexel I am leaving with experience at corporate headquarters of a company and the opportunity of having a full time job waiting for me when I graduate. I am flabbergasted. Much like the rest of the country, in Rhode Island it is extremely hard to find a good paying full time job to jumpstart your career. I have already found one at a company that is dear to my heart and interest level, one that I am proud to say I am employed at. I have met so many great people, strange to say but people I would not expect to exist in Rhode Island. As the smallest state where everyone knows everyone, or knows someone who knows that person, you think you have seen it all. In all my years of life I have not been so close to seeing how there is a greater plan out there for all of us that will fall into place all at the right time- I have never known the impression this realization leaves until now. 

Even when I am having a bad day I remind myself with these exact thoughts like tattoos on my brain that I am LUCKY / FORTUNATE / BLESSED, whatever you want to call it, I am that. 
And you are too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment