Saturday, June 1, 2013

Top of the Head

Slight waves of Nostalgia hit me when I am surrounded by obsessed fashion driven birds who cluck and name drop labels and designers I never heard of.  I chime  in randomly as if I am getting a participation grade in school because If you don't appear to take an interest in some of the bizarre topics you can appear annoyed.  I laugh in my head as the convo goes on about a 3 year old so called "Fashionista" who's parents apparently dress her in hand made Alexander Wang.   As they cluck on about something so cliche I go into deep thought about how ridiculous this sounds and how I pretended to seem interested just to save face.  Is this how all the people in the fashion industry are?  Trend crazed followers of celebs and 3 year olds who sport labels that have no individual style!   I am so use to being around true artist creatives, funky people that have character.  People who are intrigued by the art of fashion not the designers or celebs and their personal lifestyles.  I wonder if my friends who are on co-op are facing some of the same stereotypical topics of Fashion obsessed barbies.  Maybe this isn't the industry for me.  I am sorry but I just can't be super obsessed with the material or the lifestyle of a 3year old..... I just f*** with the art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We're riding the same wavelength. One of the reasons why I am hesitant to go to NY. Every field has it's drawbacks and stereotypes, unfortunately what you listed above comes with fashion.

    ReplyDelete