Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Release


Last week was yet another enjoyable one. One of the main things I spent my time working on was a press release for an upcoming campaign event. Writing effective press releases are a big part of PR. Before this internship I thought that they were very bland, straightforward, and didn’t have much strategy to them. I’ve learned, however, that is not the case. It is important to write a press release with an your biggest message in mind and craft the way you present the topic based on that message. Also, the goal is for the press release to be picked up so you want to make sure you write in an informative way while still making it interesting and different since reporters get dozens of press releases every day. Even who you send it to is important; making sure you send your release to the right person at the publication is a key aspect of getting it picked up or not. Learning phrasing and writing techniques has been a valuable part of my internship and a useful skill I’m lucky to be learning.

In other news, it’s week 10 and this term felt like it flew by. I’ll be finishing up with a few classes this week, and finalizing some projects over the weekend, but the end is in sight. I was completely terrified for this term because of my course load and the reputation of some of the classes I was in, but I must say this has been one of my favorite terms thus far. I hope my remaining three continue to be just as enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment