Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hold The Elevator!

In the short amount of time that I have experienced Market Week, I have really learned to juggle a zillion things on my plate, especially when it comes to running sample closet. All of a sudden everyone is trying to get their last minute requests in, samples are coming in and out, and occasionally we have to search high and low to find those samples are thought to be missing, but are right under our noses. But the best sample store is about to be told. There are no words to describe my feelings for what I am about to share. Do not fear, you will be smiling shortly. After a long day at work trying to find a specific coat because it was passed around to a bunch of people within the company and PR, the coat finally made it back to my desk! But it was past 6PM, meaning the guys from shipping were done deliveries, so I had to drop it off at our other building which is around the corner from where I work. So  I packed up all my things, put the coat in a garment bag and was off to drop it off and go home. I get to the building and go to the floor I was told to go to, but it ended up being the wrong floor. But for security purposes after 6PM you need a special card to ride the elevator, so I ended up back in the lobby. The nice man at the desk used his card and the door was about to close, when I hear "hold the elevator!" from the man at the desk. So I hold the door and I happened to look up when the person was getting in the elevator and who walks in..... MR. ELIE TAHARI HIMSELF! I was so taken back and so nervous. Elie Tahari and I, just the two of us are sharing an elevator and he starts talking to me. He asked me where I was going and I told him I was dropping this coat off on the 5th floor. He asked if I worked at the store (meaning company store or boutique) and I said no I am one of the sales interns. He  asked me my name and said "I'm Elie" and I replied it is so nice to finally meet you. Then we parted ways. I literally almost cried of joy! Of course I wanted to tell the world about how I just met and converse with Mr. Tahari, but I left my phone in my apartment. With that I was actually able to experience full happiness, no distractions from technology and embrace my one on one moment that I shared with Mr. Elie Tahari. Amazing. I hope you are now smiling as big as I was after my infamous elevator ride. I end with a word of advice: hold the elevator, you never know who will walk in.

No comments:

Post a Comment