Sunday, June 9, 2013

Happy Hour



The other week there was a happy hour after work with my department. We all went down to Morgan’s Pier and got some food and drinks. This was my first time at Morgan’s Pier and I must say, I would love to go back! If you haven’t been, I’d recommend it. It sits on the water, right next to Dave and Busters, and has a gorgeous view of the bridge. It’s an open deck with really nice ambiance: hanging lights, cushioned seats, music, etc. It’s the perfect place to grab drinks on a nice day (& the food was good, too!)
Going to happy hour sounds so “grown up” but I guess we are kind of grown up now, or at least we are good at pretending, because who is ever really “grown up.” Nonetheless, it was a really nice time. I enjoyed getting to talk to co-workers who I don’t get the chance to get to know during the day and learning more about them. I especially enjoy hearing about people’s history of where they’ve lived and worked. It can be easy to feel comfortable in one place and forget that you’re able to live anywhere in the world if you want. Everyone had an interesting path that lead them to where they are, and I found most people had spent time living in several different cities before settling in Philadelphia. 

Hope everyone has enjoyed their first half of their co-op! I only have three weeks left and the end has come too soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment