Friday, May 31, 2013

sick bed

Today is the first day I have to call in sick. I hate having to do this, but little things like life happen, and there's no stopping them. You know something's off when I'm awake at 5 am and the first thing I think to do is write a blog post to get my mind off how sick I am. The movement of my fingers on the keyboard is about as much as I can take right now, even that is strenuous. So today I will spend my day going to the doctor hoping they can fix me. I am opposed to taking unnecessary medication but in this state, I am pro medication if it can speed up my wellness process (hopefully without doing any adverse effects in the process). Today is forecasted to be the hottest in Rhode Island that it has gotten so far: 90 degrees. Which is kind've nice but at the same time I will admire from afar, through the barrier that is my window, though I may venture to the backyard to breathe some fresh air into these weakened lungs. It's funny because yesterday one of the girls at my office did a "smudge." Sounds funny, right? That's the first time I've ever heard that word in context other than nail polish. Basically, a smudge is a burning process of sage (maybe other ingredients as well) that rids the space of negative energy. It looks like a huge ass joint (think the kind Snoop Dogg/Lion would be stupid enough to smoke) and the smell is strong and distinct. She walked all around the headquarters wafting the steroid joint sage and look where it got me, at home in my sick bed. Jokes, I really enjoyed being able to experience a moment like that in the office. I love being exposed to rituals rooted in a greater good, and I'm interested in what else will come my way. At least it got my mind right, let's hope body will follow suit! 



No comments:

Post a Comment