Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sample Closet: My New Home?

As you know, my main job at Elie Tahari is managing samples from the showroom ( Fall collection) and the sample closet ( Spring and Trans collection and T Tahari). I send the garments to different accounts (mainly department stores), Public Relations, and to the other Elie Tahari building. But the closet is a whole other world! Tons of styles coming in and out, it can get a little crazy. Recently I organized the Spring and Trans collection side, spending 20 minutes at a time in the closet. One of the other interns said (jokingly) that I should put my desk in there.

Because I have spent so much time handling the samples, I've really been able to memorize the garments. The other day I had to pull looks from the showroom for a PR event. The other intern I was helping was amazed that I knew where each garment was and their names. You are probably thinking "of course she must know the names, there has to be tags with the garment name attached to the garment!". But most, if not all garments in the show room do not have the name of the garment on the tag. So by handling the samples, going over line sheets, and order confirmations I have really been able to learn (memorize) the Spring and Fall 2013 line.

No comments:

Post a Comment