Friday, May 3, 2013

Lots of New Developments at Pop Shop


This week I met Drexel’s Visual Merchandising Class to discuss the details of their term project. The class is helping Pop Shop to create a retail display for future pop-up shops. The display should incorporate different elements to house apparel, shoes, handbags, and jewelry. The display should be roughly 20 square feet. Many of the stores that Pop Shop is going to work with in the near future are located in Old City and Northern Liberties, so the designs of these fixtures should incorporate elements of vintage and rustic charm, but they should also be generic enough that they could be placed in any store with any product. I’m excited to see the student’s visions for the displays!

Right now, Pop Shop is in the works of getting brands on board as clients. Some of the brands are established online-only companies that I would be ecstatic to work with! I can already visualize how I would display some the products in a summer-themed display!

I am starting to work on the website development of Pop Shop with the creators. I am flexing my creative muscles, making visually appealing and eye-catching graphics for the “About” webpage and the “How it Works” page. I never thought I would be doing so much graphic design as my job. I really love being able to do work on Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. It really doesn’t feel like work at all because I get to be so creative! Once I create a few options for the webpage layouts and have approval of the finished designs, I will share with the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment