Friday, May 24, 2013

Everything has Potential????????

Anytime someone bumps  into you in early morning rush hour in New York City, and  apologizes for it is a great sign.  A sign that the day has potential to be better and that New Yorkers might have some inkling of decorum. Usually I get really irritated when people bump into me on New York streets because it throws off your whole body placement and then you have to configure a new path to get around the daytime zombies.  Which are the people who emerge to the edge of the corners and scheme of ways to get around the masses because they are in such a rush.  It is the most comical thing to see and is actually a great start to the morning watching these dumbies go through the extreme to avoid the impossible in NYC (people).  It makes me giggle the whole walk to work until I reach the downstairs lobby where I begin to inhale and exhale as I press the elevator button to go to the 16th floor.  During this time I also say a prayer to get me through whats to come.  I take my last breath as my normal self as I step into the world of stares and side eyes!  But as the day went on and new faces arrived the morning tension always settles because people become more friendlier when they need your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment