Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Graduation and the Changing Retail Enviornment


This past week, I’ve finalizing new versions of website page designs for Pop Shop. After doing a lot of research of existing companies, and seeing their “About” and “How It Works” pages, I think I have narrowed it down to one streamlined design. It has been really fun being able to have a lot of freedom doing graphic design for Pop Shop, especially because it is enhancing my Photoshop skills.



I am a graduating senior, in exactly one month (eek!) and can’t believe how the time has flown by! Its really hard to think that when I first came to Drexel, that I would be graduating with two internships under my belt, a job at a luxury store, and have been able to learn skills like Adobe Creative Suite and apply them to many projects in and outside of class. All of my experiences have pushed me to be better in the design & merchandising field. When I first came on board to help Pop Shop, a start-up company started by two very smart entrepreneurs at the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania, my role was the visual merchandising intern. But this internship has been so much more than that. I’ve been able to help at a trunk show event, network with boutique owners, and learn about the exciting development of pop-up displays. Technology is a driving force behind the changing retail shopping experience. More and more retailers and stores are selling online to compete with e-commerce sites. I found a great graphic this week when researching pop-up shops that I would like to share. Pop Shop is using tablets to complete in-store purchases of online-only brands. I hope it interests readers of the blog.



Congratulations to Allison and Shannon of Pop Shop. They have worked very hard getting their MBA's, while building Pop Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment